Sunday, July 1, 2007

sacrifice

Sacrifice: the surrender or destruction of something prized or desirable for the sake of something considered as having a higher or more pressing claim.

A sacrifice is made only for someone you love or feel is worthy. However, is a 'sacrifice' paradoxical? If you so love the person, doing something you wouldn't normally do for yourself or someone else wouldn't seem like a sacrifice because it just comes so naturally to you.

To me, when I do something for the person I love, it is no sacrifice to me because I know the person is happy to know how much I love him.

And who could ever forget the greatest sacrifice of all?
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

May you find the one whom you are ever so willing to sacrifice your desires for.

No comments:


 
Free Sparkle Pink MySpace Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com