Friday, July 13, 2007

happy birthday to me

On this beautiful day when Wendy Goh was born, 22 years later, she wants to thank her wonderful family and friends who have made her who she is now.

Mummy
For her incessant naggings and yellings at me to study, not spend so much time going out with my friends or being a kapo in prefectorial board, council and law club. And for her charitable nature when it comes to buying LV bags and ferragamo shoes for me, just so that I feel like the most pampered girl in the world. No matter how much we quarrel, just know that I love you so so much and no one, NO ONE, can ever ever replace you in my heart. I know it's payback time once I start working, but trust me, it is not a burden to me. It's time for me to show my appreciation for all you have done for me. I love you Mummy.

Daddy
For gladly being my chauffeur regardless of wherever I want to go and never complaining (unless I haven't come out from the party and he is waiting at a no waiting zone or along the roadside - that is purely my fault), and for paying for everything else mummy refuses to pay for so that I will be an even more pampered girl, Thank you Daddy! I love you too.

Sister
For being irritated at me when I was born because I robbed her away from my parents' attention which she had been basking in for 11 years before I came along. For chasing the shrieking and noisy me out of her room when her friends came over to gossip about school. And for growing together, and understanding each other better as I grew older (the age gap seems to narrow as you grow older). We are not the best of friends or soulmates yet, but I know one day we will reach there. I love you my Sister.

Grandmothers
My maternal grandmother who gave me everything I wanted within her means. Especially cooking my favourite food (yes that's a very good way to tell me you love me) like Chicken Rendang and all the delicious Peranakan food. For calling me mak-nenek when I was a cheeky kid, and making me love my Peranakan heritage. She can't remember me now, because she has gone severely senile, but I know deep down inside, she will never ever forget me.

My paternal grandmother who also pampered me and cooked my favourite food (see, that's why I am so fat. Go one grandma's house - eat, go another ah ma's house - eat). For making tonic soups and bird's nest for me every Sunday and in return I thread her needles and divide her medicine up.

Boyfriend
To my ex-boyfriends who taught me how to love AND not to love, who made me who I am now so I can give my all to my current boyfriend, Tris.

To Tris, who has done so much for me, who loves me regardless of my pouting, crying, and acting cute. He always says he doesn't do much, but to me, he is the most wonderful gift God has given to me this year and I hope we will last for a long long time. I wuv yew!

Friends
Friends come and go, but true friends remain true even if they had gone overseas for a year, or if you have lost contact (and found each other on facebook) or if you simply are too busy to meet up. True friends are those who, even when you haven't talked for a while, you can still share your deepest secrets.
Special thanks to pre-university friends: Chwee Ying, Doreen darling, and the other Councillors; uni friends: CX, Lilly, Genevieve and everyone else who remembered my birthday and sent me their well-wishes.
Sometimes, you don't know who your friends are until they pop out of the blue to wish you a Happy Birthday when you have already forgotten theirs. *guilty look*

God
For creating me, for being my most powerful source of motivation and love. For bestowing upon me Your love through the people you have brought into my life. You are so so great and amazing. I don't need to see You to believe You exist. I know you do, because my family and friends exist. You give Your love through them, and I will give my love to You back through them, family, friends, strangers and even enemies. Thank you my Lord, and may You bless the world forever.

I prayed at midnight to thank You for bringing me into this world, and asked You to lead the way. I didn't know how You were going to help me, but You did, by letting me chat with someone I haven't chatted with for so long, so I could learn more about You, and I know You will always guide my way.

No material gifts can express Your love for me. And you give me the most precious gifts I have: Jesus, my family, Tris and the most beautiful blog I have ever seen in my entire life because it is dedicated to me, friends and a powerful conversation with someone who was eversowilling to deprive himself of sleep to chat with me about You until the wee hours of the morning. You know who you are. Thank you.

I wish myself a Happy Birthday. :)

No comments:


 
Free Sparkle Pink MySpace Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com