Tuesday, June 19, 2007

not so thai

Singaporeans should be banned from using handphones while walking along the road. No matter how much we pride ourselves for being able to multitask at work, our psychomotor skills just die whenever we are on our phones and we just stop/slow down in the middle of the road. Especially when smsing. Our heads just naturally point downwards and suddenly the whole world disappears and all that matters is the phone screen before us. We can even weave through traffic while typing out our message. I mean, seriously, if you want to stop in the middle of the junction and die, I don't give a damn. But if you stop right in front of me and block my way, I give a bloody damn. Hence, I have two suggestions:
1. Ban handphone usage while walking, just like when we are in cars. Only allow headsets so that we can bloody hell see where we are going.
2. Designate a corner of the road by cordoning off the area and call it "Make a call pit stop". So people can only make phonecalls while in that area. And don't bloody hell move a millimetre.

I believe the first suggestion is much more feasible because cordoning off areas require the painting of lines (preferably shocking red so that blind Singaporeans can see) which makes use of taxpayer's money. Fining people not using headsets while talking on the handphone seems an easier solution. And if anyone is caught smsing while blocking the road, throw them to jail.

Singaporeans, please stop blocking my way. I stop traffic, not because I am on the phone, but because I am just too darn pretty. So there.. :p


On another note, dinner at Copthorne Brio's Divine Tastes of Thailand with tris, his mummy and godbrother was highly disappointing. Read the name of the food event, "Divine Tastes of THAILAND". So what do you expect? Thai food right? And read the menu.

"Enjoy traditional Thai dishes such as Glass Noodle Salad with Seafood, Clear Tom Yam Soup flavoured with Young Coconut Juice, Famous Green Curry Chicken, Fried Crabs in Red Curry, Pattaya-styled Fried Chicken with Thai Chilli Sauce, Fried Glass Noodles with Seafood, Fried Phad Thai Noodles, Mango with Sticky Rice, Thai Red Rubies in Coconut Milk amongst others"

Of all the abovenamed dishes, the only ones we saw were the Fried Phad Thai Noodles and Thai Red Rubies in Coconut Milk. THAT'S ALL. Everything else was not Thai, e.g. Drunken Prawns, Sushi, Chocolate desserts. Ok, the food wasn't all that bad. But my stomach was yearning for THAI FOOD and bloody TOM YAM. Can you believe it, they didn't even have tomyam. wtf... If you are dying for Thai food, don't bother going there. If you have the money to spare, please go to Patara at Swissotel instead. Endorsed by the Thai food master Tris XP himself, that would be the best place in Singapore where you can taste Thai cuisine at its best, while burning a damn big hole in your pocket.

Nevertheless, say what I want, dinner was enjoyable because of the company. Tris' godbrother's stories about snooty fat taitais wanting to model with his flowers (he is a floral arranger - he arranged my lovely V day bouquet!) just made us die of laughter.

Ok I am so tired. I woke up at a godforsaken early time of 9am today thanks to my neighbour's drilling. Enjoy my V-day bouquet while I sleep! Girls, if you like the bouquet, show it to your boyfriends and ask them to get for you one of these designer bouquets! :)

No comments:


 
Free Sparkle Pink MySpace Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com