Friday, June 8, 2007

mother goose

This post is one day late because I fell dead asleep when I reached home last night.

Had lunch with cx, lilly and tris yesterday at raffles place! Thankfully, we didn't take that long to find seats at banquet. It was so so fun chatting and "sharing interesting stories" with them and I am so glad that despite cx being away for one year, we could still talk like before. Adam and Rahman popped by to say hi. Oh cx, tell adam he lost a lot of weight. Was it the soccer? Thanks to lilly for lending me 6 seasons of sex and the city to accompany me this entire holiday! CX!! We must go shopping soon! And tris says you two are so fun to talk to. hahaha.. Hope you guys enjoyed yourself chatting with him too!

And then I was off to kk hospital to read story books to the kids in the outpatient clinic with hanting and a few other law people. I was so so afraid to approach the parents to ask them if they minded us telling stories to their kids. Surprisingly, the parents were very nice about it, perhaps because we were literally FOC babysitters and they didn't have to watch the kids while waiting for their turns to see the doctor. The kids were the shy ones. However, after a few minutes of chatting, the shy kids suddenly morphed into hyperactive and chatty tyrants. A 5-year-old boy, Ryan, got bored of the book I was reading to him about a fox trying to eat 6 rabbits so he started to tell me about his favourite dragon in God-knows-what cartoon series. An 8-year-old girl, Joanne, got bored of the "love story" between the tin soldier and the ballerina in The Steadfast Tin Soldier by Hans Christian Anderson that she started telling me her own. Apparently, a boy in her class keeps telling her that he loves her, but she doesn't like him because he kept beating her. Everything she said sounded so wrong. And to top it all, Joanne said that hanting kor kor was handsome. Sigh... even innocent primary 2 girls think that hanting is a sexy beast. Whatever happened to pure and innocent kids in the world who were happy playing with their Barbie dolls and toy cars? Now they want sexy men?

Dinner was with andre at the korean barbecue restaurant next to kushinbo in suntec. I gained back all my calories lost from one week of gym with that one meal, stuffing myself with various meat bulgogi. The food was surprisingly not too bad, but as we left the place and stared at the people eating at kushinbo and then down to our bloated stomachs, we wished we chose the healthier option of japanese sashimi.

The day ended with shopping and we both went home happy with our purchases from Guess which were on 50-70% discount. I want to shop somemore...

No comments:


 
Free Sparkle Pink MySpace Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com