Tuesday, October 2, 2007

movies

Ok I caught 2 movies in the last week. Both movies have been running for at least a month. Yes I am slow...

1. Ratatouille
I love the rat!!! Oh he is so cute and he has a pink nose!!!


I think the lessons learnt can apply to life in general as well:
Anyone can cook! ~ Anyone can do anything they want as long as they set their hearts/minds to it.
Rats and humans will never be friends ~ But they did! Nothing is for certain, and your greatest enemy may be your best friend one day. And don't think too highly of yourself, or don't look down on others who appear to be lower than you in status.

I give Ratatouille 4/5♥ !!!

2. 881

It was pretty cheesy and lame, with all the magical powers and whatever-nots popping out, but I LOVE the Hokkien songs!!! So much that I bought the soundtrack right after I got out of the cinema. Pity the soundtrack didn't have most of the Hokkien songs they sang, only the theme song and a few others. I feel like watching it again. Not for the plot but for the songs and dances. And Qi Yuwu is so hot!!! Even though he was deaf and mute in the show. hahahaha.. I can see why it is a box office hit. I can imagine entire Hokkien families taking ah ma and ah gong along to the cinema and they will definitely be able to understand the entire show since 80% of it was in Hokkien, which really brought out the local flavour and the whole getai scene. The costumes are pretty elaborate too!

I give 881 3/5 ♥!!

Did you know we rented some of the 881 costumes for our very own Kopishop Rock? Incidentally, a local musical theatre critic gave positive reviews about Kopishop Rock in his blog!! :)

No comments:


 
Free Sparkle Pink MySpace Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com