Friday, October 26, 2007

bimbo tv week

PAMELA TAN!!! You got me addicted to GOSSIP GIRL!!! hahahaha.. oh my gosh, Gossip Girl is such a wonderful show! Thanks babe for introducing me to it! :) Ooh I love Gossip Girl!!!

© yahoo

Another new show which I have been watching this week is The Starter Wife. It's about a woman who has been indulging in the world of the rich and famous but when her husband decided to divorce her for this hot and sexy singer/model Shoshanna, she has to start her life all over again as a 'starter wife', because she no longer gets a seat at a posh restaurant, her club membership was terminated with immediate effect and no one wants to be her friend anymore.

© hometheaterinfo

There is one thing I love about both Gossip Girl and The Starter Wife. ALL the ladies in the show carry the same bag. The bag every woman covets. The bag I hope I will be able to own in my lifetime. The Hermes Birkin. I finally own the Birkin in Croc Porosus Lisse on Facebook (which took me forever to accumulate ‘money’ to ‘buy’ it as it costs $108000. Grr… I sent one to all my friends who bought me bags on fab bag too! :)) I wonder how long will it take for me to get my real Birkin/Kelly. The currently waiting list is 4 years long since the Paris factory takes one week to produce 5 Birkins, unless you are Victoria Beckham (who owns more than a hundred Birkins in different colours) and the cheapest is S$10,000. I WANT, no matter what it takes. Hahahaha.. By the way, there is a really cool blog all about purses/bags. Check it out here!

© Hermes Birkin black croc

© purseblog.com

And of course, there is always America's Next Top Model. ANTM truly reflects what happens when you put a bunch of girls together in the same house. Quarrels, catfights... Of course, some friendships will be forged, but I feel that those girls who make friends do that just to find support. For example, the two plus size models this season, Whitney and Diana had to support each other because the other girls didn't really bother about them as they are no competition at all. I mean, sure, we make friends because sometimes, all we want is to have people around us to share stuff with us, but in ANTM, there is really no reason why the girls have to make friends there. They are there to win America’s Next Top Model and not America’s Next Top Best Friend (I quote Jade Cole of cycle 6). When you see the girls cry at the end of the show where the weakest girl of the lot goes home, they are not crying because they will miss her, but because while they are glad that they are still in, they don't know if they would be the next one to go home. I guess I am being too cynical about the girls. That said, I LOVE ANTM. For Tyra Banks, Jay Manuel, Nigel Barker (*swoons*) and Twiggy! Hahaha.. My most favourite this season is Renee, and then Jaslene. But I won't say who won! Heehee..

Renee's close up:
© ANTM

This is my most favourite picture of Jaslene. She posed as a school freak:

© ANTM

It has been a wonderful bumming week. I handed in Carriage on Monday, which leaves me with 3 modules. I only went to school on Wednesday for IP. Every other day was spent watching bimbotic shows (the best thing on earth - no need to use my brain after one month of research papers) and going to the gym. Gosh I am getting fat(ter)!!! I haven't been to the gym for more than a month and when I finally went on Wednesday, I couldn't even complete one hour of combat. I gave up in 30min. Die la... I need to get my strength and stamina back!!! I want to be able to go for combat and pump classes in a row again!!!

Wendy. needs. to. start. going. to. the. gym. every. day. again.

No comments:


 
Free Sparkle Pink MySpace Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com