Sunday, March 23, 2008

wendy's top 10 pumps

I am bored, so I shall introduce you to my shoe cabinet!!! I currently have 65 pairs of shoes (no I have not broken the 100 mark), and more than half of them are heels. I love pumps (which are covered heels) the most because they can be worn formally and informally, plus they come in very classic black (my favourite) as well as interesting/unique statement pieces. I love heels, even though I am 1.7m tall, because they make my legs look slimmer and I love towering over everyone in the crowd. :) And covered shoes are good coz there is no need to do pedicures all the time! My favourite brands are Charles & Keith and Salvatore Ferragamo.

First up, this is the latest photo of my shoe cabinet:

This is my personal cabinet. My mum has her own cabinet outside, while my sis has her own cabinet in her matrimonial home (omg fam law). My dad only has 5 pairs of shoes. :D

Without further ado, may I present you my top 10 pumps! :)

10. White Mock Snakeskin - Charles & Keith


I fell in love at first sight with this. It reminded me of the Jimmy Choo Watersnakeskin Pumps of Fall/Winter 2007 so I just had to buy it. It's only at number 10 because I haven't worn it yet so I haven't tested its "blisterity" (self-coined word).

9. Black Mock Croc - Charles & Keith


As I mentioned, I love classic blacks. This is a replacement for a pair of Aldo black pumps which served me very well for 2 years but recently went to Shoe Heaven. I hope this does the same. Similarly, this is only at number 9 because I bought this at the same time as number 10.

8. Brown Suede - Tinkerbell

I bought this at a steal - $19. And they are surprisingly comfortable. I can climb up the BTC slope without feeling any pain. :)

7. Gold Mock Croc - Mugigae


I found this in a quaint Korean shop in Bugis Junction, which sadly, no longer stocks shoes. :( My mother thought that it was damn songstress, but then realised that it looks amazing with black, even in the day.

6. Red Ruched Patent - Aldo


I bought this a week after buying its black sister (the one which went to Shoe Heaven) because it was super comfortable.

5. Matte Gold/Brown - Novo


It's damn bloody high, but it looks amazing with jeans. Plus I actually climbed up Fort Canning with this to watch A Midsummer Night's Dream last year. Another pair which has served me well. Kowtow when you next see them.

4. White Patent Mary Janes - Charles & Keith


I love white with gold. In fact, I love gold stuff. And it's so difficult to find cheap things with gold buckles/chains without them looking cheap. hahaha... These too, pass the BTC slope test with flying colours.

3. Light Grey Faron - Ferragamo

Ooh I love this pair!!! It's so sweet because of its light colour yet sensual because of its transparent lining around the feet.

2. Black Vara - Ferragamo


Who can resist this pair of heels, the classic, signature design of Salvatore Ferragamo, which gets both girls and women crazy.

1. BLACK BRILLIANT - FERRAGAMO


Now this trumps the Vara simply because the heels are higher and it is made of nappa calf leather, which means it's the leather made from unsplit kid (baby) lamb skin, which explains its softness and durability. I heart this so so much. :)

So that’s it for my pumps post. I shall write more about my other pairs of shoes when I am bored again.

By the way, I did not take photos of my shoes just for this post. I catalogue my shoes. :)

Happy Easter! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your shoes! They're all pretty. :) I just bought a pair of Charles and Keith peep-toe high heels. I stand at 5'9" and I rarely wear high heels, only during special occasions but now I'm going to try it with casual wear.

Anonymous said...

I love those white mary janes, they are the BEST!!! you have good taste!


 
Free Sparkle Pink MySpace Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com