Wednesday, November 14, 2007

hk cafe

with kinyew after stardust:

my minced pork noodles (dry)//kinyew's sliced pork noodles (soup)//the oh-so-fattening-but-damn-shiok peanut butter AND condensed milk thick toast//kinyew! who really wants to be known as kinyew and not by another name, although affectionate. I know it is so comfortable to call him that, but if you are his friend and you really care about how he feels, whenever you see him in school, please greet "Hi Kinyew!" and not "Hi Bob!" It took me a while, but I have gotten used to it. And I know he really appreciates it. Mr Chan Kin Yew. :)

© chud

Anyway stardust was really nice!!! So fairy tale-ish with a star-studded cast. I especially liked Robert de Niro's role as Captain Shakespeare the drag. He is hilarious. Did you know that Jimmy Choo created a limited edition shoe inspired by this magical tale?

© shoewawa

The golden chain and gem looks just like Claire Dane's star necklace in the show. Price tag? S$1,250.

But I prefer epic shows, the sort with millions of warriors fighting in a war or mythical creatures. That's why I cannot wait for The Golden Compass!!! I haven't read the books, but I heard that the Golden Compass is almost a sort of antithesis of Narnia. Narnia is written by CS Lewis, a great Christian scholar, while Philip Pullman's Golden Compass/Northern Lights have been criticised for being anti-Catholic Church because a key theme of the novel is the rejection of organized religion and the abuse of power in a fictionalized Catholic Church. Read more about the plot summary here. But I don't think I will not watch it just because of my faith. In fact, it is precisely because of my belief in the Catholic church that makes me want to watch it to understand what's right/wrong with the story. You can't criticise anything unless you fully understand it right? The Golden Compass opens in December, but I will be in US by then, so I guess I shall watch it there! :)

© cinerama

2 comments:

Aidan said...

omg wendy!

the peanut butter toast with condensed milk and what have you looks so so good!

♥~pretty in pink~♥ said...

hey babe! hahaha.. you should try it someday! It's really good, and fattening.. :p


 
Free Sparkle Pink MySpace Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com