Sunday, March 8, 2009

movie week


Bruno is an eight-year-old German boy who leads a very comfortable life in Berlin during WWII. His father is a high ranking Nazi officer, who is posted to the nearby concentration camp as its commander. Things change when the family has to move due to his father’s new post. In his innocence, Bruno sees the nearby concentration camp as a ‘farm’ and wonders why its inhabitants are always wearing striped pajamas. Eventually Bruno becomes friends with a Jewish boy his own age who lives on the other side of the fence.

This is a highly depressing show as it depicts children's innocence and fierce loyalty to each other despite the harsh realities of life. I am so grateful to Waihan for introducing it to me! Thanks babe!




I am NOT a fan of graphic novels but this isn't too bad. It's super geek but at least I still get it. Apparently the geeks don't really like it. The boyfriend and khel say that it didn't do the novel justice. Oh well... I am just thankful I didn't fall asleep during the show.

But of course, I am extremely excited about an upcoming movie...




I didn't know Isla Fisher is married to Sacha Baron Cohen, the guy who acted as Ali G and Borat (they are the same person???)!!!

Regardless, I am still watching Confessions of a Shopaholic! :)

Anyway, the guys and I had dinner at Botak Jones which recently (?) opened at the Youth Park opposite Orchard Cine.







YUMMY!




And how can I forget my new pair of Fabio Rusconi's.


Of course, I will never forget the person I plan to walk the rest of my life with. Our feet look so good together! :)

No comments:


 
Free Sparkle Pink MySpace Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com