Sunday, December 16, 2007

seattle part 2

First up, FOOD!!!

Cooking for the boyfriend while he had his exams:
pasta with tomato sauce

curry chicken!


And Tris cooked chicken rice after his exams:



as you can tell, the chicken came out in two colours because they were two different steams and water went into the one which turned out whiter.


Met up with Tris' church mentor and wife for a Greek lunch:




The next day, we went to Uni of Washington for a walk (not exactly the most romantic walk, but it was nice, cool and sweet)








The boyfriend then went for a much needed haircut, and then we had Mexican fajitas for dinner:

He looks like a primary school prefect now with his neat fringe and back.




We went shopping at downtown seattle today! The boyfriend knows me so well because the first place he brought me to was the Paragon of downtown Seattle, Pacific Place, which had Tiffany's, bebe, Coach, Victoria's Secret, BCBG, WhiteHouse BlackMarket, etc. Victoria's Secret was pretty disappointing probably because I expected the lingerie to look hotter but failed to realise that my image of VS was dominated by the hot VS angels in the VS fashion shows and website. Unfortunately, the bras look like any normal Triumph or La Senza bras on the hangers in the boutique. The boyfriend pointed out that the reason why VS sold was because of the hot sexy models. But off the models, the bras are nothing. Bought one Christmas edition set nonetheless. A pretty green with little red cherries. :)

what? you expected me to show you the bra??? HAHAHA... I think there is still that something about Victoria's Secret. Even though the bras may look normal, it's the teeny thought of wearing what Gisele Bundchen, Alessandro Ambrosio, Adrianna Lima and Karolina Kurkova wears that keeps women feeling good about themselves. Now that I know my size (which is different because it's US sizing), I think I will start buying them online. :D

The other boutiques like bebe and BCBG had pretty things too. I didn't get anything, but I can't wait to go to the factory outlets!!! :D:D:D I am so disappointed with Coach because the bags are now made in CHINA. What the hell right??? It's a freaking American luxury brand and it's made in China? No offence to the PRC, it's just that if a brand is famous and reputable because of where it is made in (which reminds me of IP - geographical indications - which of course doesn't directly apply here because clothes are not like wine), it should stay that way right? I can't imagine the day LV moves its factory to China (or has it already?). I will so boycott LV, like I am boycotting Coach. Of course there is the argument about brand equity, in that people trust the brand, hence wherever they move their factory, people will still buy their stuff because the QC is trusted. But still... we are willing to pay for the quality, so why can't you just pay more for labour and give us what we want? Moving your factory to China cheapens your luxury product, regardless of brand equity. Again, no offence to the PRC. I have my roots there.

Watched The Golden Compass, which really isn't as fantastic as the book. The movies are always so disappointing when you have already read the book but never fails to keep you in awe if you haven't read the book. I wonder if it's a pity to have read the book and not be impressed with the movie or not read the book and love the movie. I loved Harry Potter as well as LOTR (the movies) because I didn't read the books first. But after The Golden Compass, I concluded that I would rather have read the book because in writing, you can conjure up your own images of Svalbard, Iorek Brynison and Lyra and be happy with your own little fantasy world.

Ok, off to LA tomorrow! :)

No comments:


 
Free Sparkle Pink MySpace Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com